Subject: Save-the-Date - Progress towards the hepatitis C elimination - 26-28 November 2024, Cairo, Egypt
From: "STIHIVHEP" <[email-masked]>
To: "El-Khatib Ziad" <[email-masked]>, "irene.kaszoni-rueckerl" <[email-masked]>, "dominique.vanbeckhoven" <[email-masked]>, "jessika.deblonde" <[email-masked]>, "mtyufekchieva" <[email-masked]>, "nvladimirova" <[email-masked]>, "tatjana.nemeth-blazic" <[email-masked]>,Mirjana Lana Kosanović Ličina <[email-masked]>, "drelenax" <[email-masked]>, "georgiossiakallis" <[email-masked]>, "Fani Theophanous" <[email-masked]>, "Christiana Sta
Cc: "Jevgenijs Golovcuks" <[email-masked]>, "Iryna Butiaha" <[email-masked]>, "Anastasia Pharris" <[email-masked]>, "Erika Duffell" <[email-masked]>, "Ndeindo Ndeikoundam Ngangro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2024 12:44:13 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear colleagues,

We hope that this save-the-date email for the workshop “Progress towards the 
hepatitis C elimination: perspectives from Egypt, EU/EEA countries and 
European Neighbourhood partner countries”  finds you well. This face-to-face 
meeting will take place on 26-28 November 2024 in Cairo, Egypt. It is 
jointly organised by the 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/about-ecdc/what-we-do/partners-and-networks/international-cooperation/eu-initiative-health-security> 
EU-Initiative on Health Security as part of the ECDC and the Egyptian 
Ministry of Health and Population.

This workshop will focus on experience exchanges between Egypt, EU/EEA 
countries and European Neighbourhood partner countries around the SDG target 
3.3 ‘End the epidemics of AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, and neglected 
tropical diseases and combat hepatitis, waterborne and other communicable 
diseases’, with a particular emphasis on the lessons learnt from the 
Egyptian success that Egypt is the “first country to achieve gold tier” 
status on the path to elimination of hepatitis C. To broader the discussion, 
the progress toward the viral hepatitis elimination in other countries will 
also be shared.

A key focus of this workshop will be identifying and prioritising the most 
pragmatic strategies, activities and levers that would accelerate the 
progress towards the viral hepatitis C elimination in EU/EEA, and European 
Neighbourhood partner countries. The key areas of interest will be 
information for action, prevention, screening, treatment, and  the political 
factors that were critical to the successes.

It is planned to invite 1 expert per EU/EEA, EU Enlargement country and 
European Neighbourhood partner country. In addition, representatives from 
relevant partner organisations will also be invited.

We kindly invite you to nominate 1 professional to attend and represent your 
respective countries during the workshop, using the nomination form attached 
(as well as data privacy statement). Due to administrative procedures with 
Egypt, our hosting country, we kindly request you to reply to this email at 
your earliest convenience but no later than 13 September 2024, including 
clear copies of the nominees’ passports. Please note that we will not be 
able to accept late nominations as a clearance process will be carried out 
by Egyptian Authorities. Kindly also note that in parallel, nominees will 
have to obtain their travel visas by their own means. ECDC will cover all 
costs related to the event as per the 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/rules-reimbursement-expenses-incurred-invitees-invited-ecdc> 
Rules for reimbursement of expenses incurred by invitees invited by ECDC.

Should you have any questions please feel free to contact our team at 
[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> . The official 
invitation letter and the workshop agenda with further information will 
follow at a later stage.

Sincerely yours,

For the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control - EU Initiative 
on Health Security and Hepatitis teams

Ndeindo Ndeikoundam

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.